PATENT – LICENSE SECTOR
Intellectual property objects
The patent-license sector was created in March, 2008 in the framework of realization one of the directions of the State program on protection of intellectual property for 2008-2010 (clause 2 chapter 4) and following the clause 1.8 of the order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus “On perfection of methods and forms of organization of activity of research institutions and institutions of education” of December 15, 2004, ¹ 276.
Staff potential of the sector
head of the sector, a lawyer in the field of protection of industrial and intellectual property of the Republic of Belarus with higher technical education in speciality of “Legal provision of intellectual property”, with raising the level of her skill on the program “Bases of management of intellectual property” of the Training unit of the National Centre of Intellectual Property “Bases of the intellectual property” of the World Academy of the World Organization of Intellectual Property.
technician of the sector with higher economical education, with raising the level of her skill on the program “Management of intellectual property” of the Training unit of the National Centre of Intellectual Property.
Information – search reserves of the sector
The sector provides periodical subscription for information- methodical materials of “Industrial property”, research journal “Intellectual property of the Republic of Belarus”, “Official bulletin” of the National Centre of Intellectual Property of the Republic of Belarus, research journal “Inventor”, inter-branch research journal “Intellectual capital”, information-analytical journal “News of science and technologies”, press- bulletin of the State Committee of Science and Technologies, editions of the Abstract collection of unpublished works, etc.
1. Work organization on protection and administration of intellectual property in the Centre aimed at defense of the state priority and author’s rights in the field of protection of industrial and intellectual property, effectiveness increase of research works, qualifications of research workers of the Centre, introduction of scientific achievements into public health practice including:
- mastering and use of advanced forms of administration of intellectual property, forming and providing of realization of the Centre’s strategy in the field of protection and management of intellectual property and the corresponding patent-license policy;
- activity coordination of the Centre’s departments in the field of protection and management of intellectual property, organization-methodical and information and consultative providing of the given direction of activity;
- organization of patent-information work.
2. Control and monitoring of providing of protection and management of intellectual property in the Centre including:
- control over timely copyright for the objects of intellectual property that belong to the Centre in the Republic of Belarus and abroad, performance of the established procedures on providing of effective protection, maintenance of the protection documents;
- monitoring of use of the objects of intellectual property in the Centre;
- control over observance by the Centre of the legislation acts in the field of intellectual property, local statutory acts on the issues of protection and management of intellectual property.